Sunday, January 19, 2014

SEX AND VIDEO GAMES IN GEEK CITY

I wandered around in Akihabara, a part of town that is called Electric Town and is covered in arcades, the large halls where the Japanese (mostly men) sit down and play video games for hours. The large buildings have different themed video games on each floor. The floors are sometimes men or women only, smokers or non-smokers.
Most public places in Japan still allow smoking. In most restaurants and bars there are smokers sections. So, if you miss the 60ies, ie. being covered in fog while eating at a restaurant, you can get all nostalgic in Tokyo.


Inside the arcades it is forbidden to take photos so I can only show you the outside. The arcades remind me of Vegas and I don't know if the gamers realise whether it is day or night outside. Anyway, after looking around for 10 minutes inside, I already craved for some fresh air and quiet.




















I decided to go in one of the many Manga book stores. Some are rather small and stacked with tons of manga and anime gadgets but most of them are as gigantic as the arcades. Anime and Manga lovers could probably spend days insinde such stores. Just like the video games I find it a rather manly world. Including lots of sex, violence and violent sex.








Most of it I've seen before but some of it I find very, very disturbing... You can decide for yourself...











Since I was not allowed to take photos inside the shop I had to buy these books to be able to photographe their covers.



When I fly back to Belgium I will leave these in Tokyo. I have the feeling I could be arrested if I brought them into the country.

Luckily for me there's also some really girly entertainment. The photo booths! Jay! For around 400 - 500 Yen, you can go, alone or with your girlfriends, into a booth, have plenty of photo's taken and then get into the adjoining booth where there's a large computer touch screen and you can photoshop yourself into a real Japanese topmodel (according to the traits I told you about in my 2nd article) or, depending on your taste, just make yourself look really scary. :-)                                                           Boeh! Aaaargh!         ---->

                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment