Saturday, January 18, 2014

ABOUT TOWERS AND TOILETS

Aside from the Sensoji temple I also had time to visit the Sky Tree Tower. And as usual I liked the walk over there more then the tower itself. (btw. beautiful weather, look at that blue sky!)
For some reason humans always want to have the highest tower in the world. It really is a mans world, isn't it. :-)
I visited numerous "highest" towers and it never has done it for me. They are all the same, whether it is the Eiffel tower, the one in NY with all the stairs or the Burj Khalifa in Dubai: a skybar with a spectacular view, a sky restaurant with a spectacular view (reservations definitely requiered), souvenir shops and an exhuberant entrance fee.
And the view is, well, never that good really. And I can see Mount Fuji from my 8th floor hotel room anyway. (brag, brag).


Here is what you see when you look down from the tower. Looking down is always a little bit scary actually.


I took more pictures of the toilet, where I didn't have to pay an entrance fee. Aah, those life priorities :-)
So here is a close up from the control panel of a standard Japanese toilet. Some have more options but this already suits my needs very well. Every time I sit down on the heated seat and have my ass automatically washed with warm water I'm convinced I could live in this country. People who like to cover up their toilet noises can put on some music and turn it to the max.


Okay. Some other pictures from things I saw on my walk today.


A road map, when I tried to figure out where I was (obviously). But the only thing I understood was that I would burn 120kcal if I'd walk the indicated 2,6 km itinerary.






<---







Riksjas, and not even with bicycles. BIG surprise!













A lot of beautifully, with plastic flowers decorated front porches.





Many, many Japanese and American fast food chains.
And some really, really angry looking fish in a pet shop.

2 comments:

  1. Tanja!

    Die toiletten!!! Is echt elk toilet daar zo?? Ik ben ongelofelijk in de ban van uw avonturen!! Maar het lijkt mij ook wel moeilijk dat je daar rondloopt en echt NIKS snapt van al die tekens, en dat verbaast mij eigenlijk ook wel een beetje voor een land dat zo "internationaal" is en ook wel bekend (in mijn hoofd) voor veel Engels, of zijn daar toch dingen waaronder het in het Engels uitgelegd staat??

    Nog effe over die toiletten.. kunt ge ook gewoon naar de wc gaan of is die bril standaard verwarmd en spoelt die wc u automatisch schoon?

    Geniet geniet geniet!

    X Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fijn dat jij mee geobsedeerd bent door iets simpels als een wc. Ben ik toch niet de enige :-) Ja, bijna alle wc's zijn standaard uitgerust met verwarming, sproeiertje en een muziekske. Als ik mij eens neerzet en de bril is niet verwarmd, dan is dat keihard vloeken want ik ben nu al verwend. Er zijn trouwens ook redelijk wat "Franse wc's" (het gat in de grond) in bars en metrostations, wat ik trouwens best wel goed vind omdat dat toch wel een pak hygiƫnischer is. O, en die wc spoelt u alleen schoon als ge zelf op het knopke drukt, dus geen schrik voor natte kleren ofzo...

    ReplyDelete