Tuesday, January 14, 2014

ABOUT NOODLES AND TEA


I arrived in Tokyo this morning and after checking into the hotel around 2pm all I really wanted to do was sleep... Of course I did not, instead I went online for hours to find the coolest people in Tokyo who would want to show me the hottest bars, clubs, shops and restaurants in town. I actually managed to find some interesting people and promised to get back at them after a really good nap. But again, I did not sleep, instead I showered for an hour, checked my emails, updated all my online profiles (I'm in Tokyo!!!) and by 8pm I was starving, so I had to go outside to buy my first Japanese meal.

It's only my first day and I didn't want to overdo it, so I went to the 7/11 (yep, that one) just accross the street, where I bought this -->







Uhu, right, I know, me neither....




Basically I took the things I recognized. And that were


Noodles (with unknown ingredients),
more noodles (with more surprise ingredients),
Green Tea (I suppose)
More Green Tea
And more tea, this time undercover as a jelly pudding, which you're supposed to poor water over and then it melts into a tea, or rather something tea-ish. This one is Jasmin flavoured. They also have blueberry, caramel and many other flavours plus they also sell jelly coffee. I'll buy the coffee tomorrow but only to show you as a personal science project.

Besides that I found a whole salad that only contains 19Kcal :-)

Which i didn't even manage to finish




And one hard boiled egg, 66Kcal, 68 Yen and salt already in it. Call me stupid, but how do they get it in there!? It was in the yolk. I did finish that one though because all that salt made it quite tasty!



FYI, 100 Yen is about 1USD, so it's pretty easy to keep track of what you're spending.


Two of my other first day experiences were meeting my first Yoshi of this trip, and therefore also receiving my first business card.


And trying to figure out my AC (which I'm still doing right now) because its supposed to be 24C in here but it feels like -10.









More about the ordinary life in Tokyo tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!

    Seems like you are having a good time so far :-) Except for the AC then, but in case you still didn't figure it out by now... I am sure you'll still kinda feel comfortable since this should remind you of your office environment ;-)

    We are thinking of you and sending you LOTS of love!

    X Elise

    ReplyDelete